Want To Travel And Work Overseas? Immerse Yourself In The USA With Camp America

Looking to travel and work overseas? Take part in the longest running USA summer camp program in Australia - Camp America. The program is part of The American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd (AIFS), which has long been committed to providing the highest quality educational and cultural exchange programs in the world. These exchange programs encourage young adults ages 18 to 26 from all over the world to help understand other cultures, their similarities and differences. The Camp America program has been running since 1969 and offers a myriad of opportunities for the average Australian young adult.

Camp America Allows You To Travel And Work In The USA

It is the perfect opportunity for Australia university students looking for a challenge and an experience to remember for a lifetime. Since the program's inception, more than 200,000 young people from all over the world have taken part in Camp America. As a Camp America counsellor, you will spend nine glorious weeks at a summer camp in the USA. There are thousands of camps across the country, as each year roughly 11 million children will attend some sort of summer camp. Regardless of your skills, there are numerous opportunities available and something for just about everyone.

Why Travel And Work In America?

Experience the American dream for yourself. There may never be another time in your life where you have the opportunity to travel to America. One of the best perks of being involved in Camp America is the after camp travel. When your nine-week camp ends, you have 30 days in the USA to travel and do whatever you would like. You can explore the country and visit such attractions as Disney World, the Grand Canyon, and New York City. Camp counsellors are able to book travel plans through Camp America Treks and save.

What You Need To Know

Those interested in working overseas with Camp America always have a variety of questions. As a Camp America participant, you are responsible for your flight to and from the USA. After that, all food and accommodations are taken care of, as is insurance. You are fully insured for the entire duration of your stay. You will receive a J-1 visa sponsorship with Camp America as your sponsor. You will be placed in any one of several camps and when you are finished working, you will have 30 days of travel time to explore the USA.

What You Will Be Doing

During your nine weeks in the USA, you will be a camp counsellor. In your role, you will be responsible for making sure that your campers are safe and engaged in the various activities offered. You will also have to make sure that kids show up for meals and keep an eye on them at night. On any typical day, a counsellor might help with a piano lesson, take campers to a pottery class, or even jump off a perfectly safe boat into a lake. Certain counsellors are termed Advanced Skills Counsellors because they have special skills that they can teach to the campers. Camp America is always looking for counsellors who can do gymnastics, mountain bike, waterski, and much more.

For more information on the program, visit campamerica.com.au today.